Friday 18 January 2013

BON VOYAGE.


I've scheduled this post for eight this morning, around the same time I'll be checking in at the airport, and hopping onto a flight bound for India, where I'll be spending the next three months backpacking around the country with my boyfriend. We've booked a couple of nights accommodation in Dehli, but after that, we have no plans. We know roughly where we want to go and what we want to see, but we're going to just go with the flow, and discover everything we can about India. I know that it's going to be tough at times, and I'm expecting to experience some culture shock for the first few days, but I want to fully embrace India - the food, the people, the places.

As we're backpacking, we're taking very little. I actually surprised myself with how little I packed. I've packed a couple of basic pieces - t-shirts, leggings, genie pants - that I can mix and match, but plan on checking out the local markets and picking up some things when I get there. What better way to embrace Indian culture, by dressing as they do?

As for my blog, I don't know. I'm not sure when I'll have access to a computer and then internet, but when I do I'll post a quick update - where we are, what we're doing, and what we've eaten, those kind of things, and save the picture for when I'm back and have the time to write something decent to go with them. I'll be snapping away on Instagram during the trip, so you can follow me there for quick updates and lots of food pictures.

Thank-you for all of the messages of bon voyage. Thank-you for putting up with my constant #holiday #adventure #india #excited hashtags, and snaps of my countdown timer. And thank-you for reading.

Peace.

Rebecca.

14 comments:

  1. Good luck on your travels. I've been to India a few times, it's a real eye opener. Avoid food stalls on the streets, better to go to a local restaurant to avoid doggy tummies.

    Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
    Have a great time and stay safe x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a safe trip. I hope you get to update us with your travels. India is meant to be a beautiful vibrant country. I hope you have a lovely time
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, good luck xxxx

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such an amazing trip, can't wait to hear all about it when you come back!In the meantime, i'll check out your instagram <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting! Have a wonderful and safe journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cool. Have fun!

    xx Mounia
    Www.nonchalantrebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow it sounds like lots fun! have fun <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be sure to instagram heaps!

    http://tiggysbeautyblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. bon voayage girl..hope you have a great time in india, see great things , do great things and meet great people. Cant wait to hear about your travels

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip! I know this is super delayed but I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great holiday! Lovely blog too, will like it now :)

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You lucky thing you xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH GOD!! You are so lucky, it's my dream to go to India! Enjoy your trip and cannot wait to see pictures!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. could not be more jealous! Enjoy yourself x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .