Monday 29 July 2013

DEAR DIARY: CHANGE OF PLAN, I'M GETTTING FROYO.


I was going to take the Staten Island ferry across to Staten Island yesterday afternoon, but things didn't quite go to plan. First the subway was suddenly blocked - meaning the trains stopped running on the line - due to an investigation. After couple of minutes, during when I tried to figure out how to get downtown on another subway line, a train turned up, and I hopped on. Then the train stopped at 72nd and the conductor announced (and you can barely hear what they're saying over the sound of the train) that the train was going express from 72nd to 42nd. For an express train, it went pretty slow. Once the train got to Times Sq almost everyone got off (it always freaks me out a little when this happens) and the train sat there for ages. And this happened again at 18th. And then again at Houston. And then at Chambers it stopped and the conductor told us that it was out of service, and to take the 2 or 3, or walk and get the 4. At this point I'd been on the subway for an hour and a half. 

I decided the only thing to do on a sweltering summers day in the city would be to ditch my ferry plans and go get fro-yo.

Rebecca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment left here and will reply to each of them as soon as I can. Please leave a link to your blog as I'd love to check it out. I also love to tweet @rebeccabrittle .